Nipple healing

• 1 reply
  • 266 subscribers

Good morning all

I had a lumpectomy for Lobular breast cancer a week yesterday and the nurse told me i can remove the steri strips yesterday which i did in the shower. Last night my breast and nipple puckered ? ( my surgeon went in through my nipple and sewed it back on )  . I have no discharge or fever BUT is this normal ? The breast care clinic isn't open til Monday , should i go A&E or monitor the situation ? 

TYI 

Nervous, paranoid and feel very sore :-( 

• Hi Zip94 welcome to the  forum. It is not uncommon so soon after surgery to still feel pain and they should  have advised you of this prior to leaving hospital. Don't be hesitant in taking pain killers, it will ease off with time.

If you had a fever or the breast felt hot to the touch then I think a visit to a and e might be the right thing to do, but if not and you feel able to maybe get in touch with the clinic on Monday.  I imagine that breast tissue will have been removed and may account for the look of the breast that you describe.  

However, whatever you decide to do,  has to be your choice and either or will be ok so you do what makes you feel best and most reassured.

gail

Community Champion Badge