Radiotherapy

• 28 replies
  • 261 subscribers

Hi everyone, I will start radiotherapy next week 5 sessions in total instead of 15.  Anyone else had 5 sessions ? I have been told it is instead of 15. If you have any tips or advice would love to hear from you.  Thanks

• Hi YJjJ53,  Good luck with your lumpectomy on Saturday.  I find dealing with one day/step at a time works for me. 5 sessions is ok....completed 3 and 2 more next week (phew).  As for everything else I'm learning on a step by step basis. Too much does my head in!  Like camper van idea!  xx

• My friend breezed through treatment so I can see we all react differently- I wonder if my pale Irish skin is any more delicate?! 
    The team have said they will re- evaluate things next week! Anyway good luck everyone with the rest of your treatments, enjoy the 3 day break before back to it ! Xx

1. Good luck everyone! May 2021 bring us all increased wellbeing and friendships. Stay safe peeps X
  • Hi, I start my 5 day course in the morning.  Monday 25th. I came on to ask the same, any advice for the morning. Is it worth taking paracetamol or anything. ?? They have told me to moisturise day and night with E45.... thanks x

• Hi Jani G,

The radiotherapy itself is painless, I’d recommend that you moisturise lots, I took some with me so straight after treatment I did it as well 3/4 times more throughout day. In evenings when it felt hot i used  aloe Vera gel that I kept in the fridge 

im 10 days post my 5 day treatment and doing really well, I have one very tanned boob but otherwise feeling really good. I had moments of itchiness and stinging but believe the moisturising really helped.

wishing you lots of luck xx 

• Hi  , just keep on moisturising  and drink plenty of water - I was told it helped. My oncologist said not to have extremes of temperature but just to use moisturiser at room temperature. the moisturiser helps with the itching which I think most of us get. I had a tanned boob too.Hope your treatments go well. xx

• Hi Jani G,  I completed my radiotherapy on 5.1.21.  I use E45 cream 3-4 times daily and drank plenty of water.  Sometimes it's a bit itchy but moisturising really helps a lot. Hope all goes will for you xx

• Hi speechie, I often feel like this! So it’s good to hear others are too! Hope you’re treatment is almost finished!