Hi

• 19 replies
  • 481 subscribers

On Thursday 24th of July I was told I have cancer I found a lump in my breast saw doctor straight away all normal procedures taken got some of results Thursday but my consultant could not give a breast cancer diagnosis as pathology are still looking into my biopsy and now got to have ct scan my lymph nodes under my arm pit are clear I am so scared has anyone had this before be nice to talk to someone who is going through or been through breast cancer many thanks x

• Hi Tasha2010,

Yes quite a lot of people on this site have breast cancer myself included. My lump nodes were clear also.

The diagnosis is a complete shock, the waiting for results of type and treatment feel painstakingly long.

Once you have all the results you came have a treatment plan. I found once I had a treatment plan I relaxed a bit.

I've had my first cycle of chemo to have 4, 3 weeks apart to ensure no sleeping cells have travelled. Then will have radiotherapy and hormone suppressants.

Your treatment plan will be determined on your pathology results.

Use this forum for support. It is very supportive and informative. 

I wish you well in your recovery plan xx

• Hi yes until ct scan is done I am in the dark hopefully it is in the breast and not come from somewhere else until they can dertermine that I don’t know thank you for replying xx it’s so hard to accept it I feel well they were saying cause lymph nodes were clear that was good this waiting is torture xx

• Yes its good to have clear lymph nodes. Depending on the results and kind etc will determine your treatment.

Take time to yourself to process it. Its a lot to take in. This site is really good, the macmillan staff and nurses are really supportive. I used the live chat at first as was unable to speak for crying.

I find this forum helpful for info and support from others who are further along in their treatment plan and can give advise.

Use all supports available, wishing you well xx

• Aw thank you as at the moment no one knows what to say to me as my friends and family the are be very supportive of course I rang macmiilian yesterday and had a good cry also my cancer nurse is good she going to call me Monday my feelings are all over the place xx 

• Hi Tasha2010,

I had a lumpectomy nearly four months ago and lymph nodes removed, I’ve just completed my radiotherapy. It is a shock when you are told and it is important you take a bit of time to let it register and sink in.

You have made the first big step by finding the Macmillan site, also do visit your nearest Macmillan centre, a list is on here, or ring them on 0808 808 0000, they are superbly helpful and give you lots of great info, do walks, talks and lots more. Please also get a good support structure in place, family, friends, good work colleagues, I’ve lived on my own for nigh on forty years, but realised you can’t do this on your own. I also go for a short walk every day (British weather permitting) and do a daily diary, this is mega helpful, as it gets everything off your chest and out of your system. It is important during the day to keep yourself occupied, hobbies, interests etc., it stops you from dwelling on what is going on. You may also find it beneficial to listen to a meditation podcast, they really help you to relax especially when you are trying to get to sleep. I use one called ‘Go Gently’ by Christine Elizabeth Smith, it does a lot for me. Whatever you do, do not visit Dr Google as there is so much conflicting information, your head will spin and it will stress you out, listen to your medical team and you get great support on here.

I know it’s hard sometimes, but try and keep as positive as you possibly can, have positive people around you and dump the negativity, above all, be kind to yourself - I promise you, you will get through this. You are never alone and can always come and chat to us shower in here.

Take care and big hugs.xxx

• Yes it takes time to sink in. It feels surreal. 

You've done the right thing reaching out and chatting with others.

Always happy to chat if you need to. Be kind to yourself xx

• Hi thank you so much my anxiety is all over the place until I get my results and plan then I know what’s happening it’s lovely talking to ladies who going through this terrible time in our lives , life is very precious xxx 

• Thank you so much I feel fine one minute the next I all over the place I trying to be positive but it is really hard yes lovely to talk to you xx 

• It's certainly an emotional roller coaster. Take time to yourself to process. Some days are better than others depending on your distractions.

Hopefully anxieties settle a bit once you have treatment plan.

Take it a step at a time and get plenty of support from others. Xx

• I fully understand your anxiety. I am in the same position waiting for results of biopsy of breast and lymph nodes. Should get the results and plan for treatment next Thursday . It is a very short time but the waiting is horrendous. 

My thoughts are with you. 

Take care and look after yourself. 

Xx