Biopsy

• 10 replies
  • 460 subscribers

Hi ladies and gents.

I went and saw the consultant as my previous mammogram ( 1st one), highlighted area of concern. The consultant said I had  Right breast calcifications and explained it could be a DCIS which has been early detected.so I had a biopsy and the radiographer said it was 2.7 mm. I’m so frightened and I carnt stop thinking / crying. I was hoping people could give me some support / advice. If it was cancer would it be best just to have mastectomy? Thanks Pray 

• Hi Karen007

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear that you breast calcifications.  It’s perfectly understandable that you are struggling at the moment.  Facing a cancer diagnosis is scary, but breast cancer is very treatable these days and you medical team will do everything they can to make sure you get better.

Wishing you the best of luck with whatever comes next for you.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Karen,

Sorry to hear that - I'm in a similar place so I understand how you feel and really hope it turns out well.  Best wishes

• Thank you, 

I hope you r ok 2 

• Hi, sorry you find yourself in this club. I was diagnosed with calcification 12 years ago.  They didn’t operate then but if diagnosed today they would remove it as it could turn cancerous in ten years.  I was diagnosed with tubular cancer two years ago.  Following surgery and results of the pathology report my margins weren’t clear so I had a second operation which showed up DCIS.   I asked my surgeon if I should just go for a mastectomy and he said no.  A mastectomy depends on the size of your breast and tumour.  I asked him about the risks and he said if the margins weren’t clear I would need another operation.  I was prepared to take the risk of another operation.   I was recommended two weeks radiotherapy and Anastrozole.  

• Hi am the same waiting for results waiting from calfications it feels like am in a dream I hope yours are all OK please let us know xx

• Hi Karen it can be a very scary time when you initially find out. I found out I had areas of calcification after biopsies following my first mammogram in November last year. You can click on my profile to read my story. I was originally offered a lumpectomy but after more tests they found more areas of calcification so I had a mastectomy. I think your consultant would be best to advise you on the most appropriate  treatment plan and all the options that are available to you. It is fully treatable caught this early. Take care

Jen.

• Hi jen how r you doing am jyst waiting for my biosopy results for calfications. I read yr story it's very positive. Thus us my secound time within 8 mths of biosopy results first lot was OK they put a marker in on these ones .any imfomation on how u dealt with yr resuktsxabd tome frame would be very appreciated thank you xx

• Hello lovely,

firstly thank you for sharing your journey with meHeart️.

wishing you a speedy healthy recovery.

I find it comforting when people share their experiences.

• Thank you for replying I hope u are doing well x

• Hi Karen I am doing well. When I went for my biopsies they gave me an appointment with my consultant 12 days later. At that point I was given my results and the original treatment plan of a lumpectomy, hormone therapy and maybe radiotherapy. After all my tests and scans this was changed to a mastectomy. This was a bit of a shock but I always felt positive. I coped by keeping busy apart from taking a few days off after my biopsies I worked right up until my mastectomy. We have a busy house with 3 kids, everything was just pretty much normal. Just take it a step at a time and the best advice I was given by my breast care nurse, which I still stick to, is do not Google anything! 
    Take care

Jen.