Scared …

• 7 replies
  • 485 subscribers

Hi everyone,

I had a clinic appointment last week for a lump in my left breast which my GP said was normal menopausal breast tissue.

well they found another huge lump and asked me how long I’d had it, I hadn’t even felt that one. So I knew that was a bad sign .

now waiting for an appointment to tell me the treatment plan and how bad it is but I know big lumps are bad, but it’s not for 2 weeks. In the meantime the last few days I’ve developed lower back and hip pain which is constant and debilitating so now I’m terrified it’s already spread and still all the waiting.. 

I have 3 kids with SEN and I’m terrified about dying and them coping without me. 

Now it’s the bank holiday weekend so nothing will get done .. and I feel like I’m walking around in a fog. Can’t even put washing on or cook for the kids.. I’m so dazed. 

thanks for reading 

• Hi Charlotte . You’ll find lots of support here . The not knowing is awful. My letter came through the post within a few days of referral .

I know it’s hard but try to get through the next few weeks .I I couldn’t feel my lump either , it’s not always easy to pick up .

The breast clinic will examine you , probably  do a mammogram and perhaps an ultrasound . Possibly a biopsy , which isn’t as bad as it sounds . It’s the only way they can get a definitive answer on what the lump is.

If it’s any comfort, I had aches and pains straight after my diagnosis . Miraculously they disappeared when I’d had all my scans . Stress makes us hold ourselves tightly , which can cause aches .

Stick close on here and try to stay positive x 

• Hi, sorry you find yourself in this situation.  Waiting is the worst.  I too suffered with back pain which went into spasms.  Turned out I was so stressed my muscles got so tense.  Try to stay positive and take o e day at a time.  Best wishes xx

• Thank you..

yes I’ve had all that and they told me it didn’t look good.. waiting for the biopsy results and he said a treatment plan. 
    thanks for replying.. 

• Sorry , brain fog . Yes, they need the biopsy results . My appointment was 10 days after the breast clinic , Easter I guess is delaying yours . Once you and doctors know what you are dealing with and you have dates to focus on , it gets easier to think . Contest your breast care nurse if you have any questions . Good luck x 

• Hi  , as others have said, the waiting is tortuous. I knew mine was cancer after that initial clinic visit as they told me there and then that it was very likely cancer. I don’t think they say that unless they’re sure. The great thing is that you went, even if it was for a different lump. Two friends had the same situation - referred for a lump on one side, only to be told that it was fine but that there  was something on the other side that they hadn’t realised was there at all. 
    The other thing that is very common is to feel all sorts of aches and pains while waiting for results, and of course we fear the worst. I had stomach aches out of the blue and was sure it must have spread, but it hadn’t. It’s just horrible. Somehow the time will pass and you’ll get your results and know more about what you’re dealing with as well as a proposed treatment plan. I felt so much better after that result’s appointment. Wishing you well, and sending love and a big virtual hug, HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
    Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
  • Thank you for this reply .. it’s really helpful. 
    yes they were the same at my clinic appt , they knew then .. I guess I won’t be too blind sided at the biopsy results one at least . X