New to group

• 1 reply
  • 484 subscribers

Hi,

I have been diagnosed with breast cancer at the beginning of the year. I found this out following a routine mamogram in January. I have had a lumpectomy and had some lymph nodes removed. I was given good news saying they got all of the cancer with a clear margin. I have had fluid where they took the lymph nodes and had to have this drained three times following a bad infection. I am due to have a bone density scan next month and will be having radiotherapy shortly. I have started medication x Letrozole 2 weeks ago but have already got some side affects such as hot flushes and a bad back (not sure if this is related yet) I also had womb cancer 3 years ago and thought I was very lucky to survive. I worry that I could develop seconday cancer or even a new cancer. I struggle to get my head around it now it has happened to me twice, my emotions are all over the place and I think it is not knowing what may happen in the future

• Hi SLC1650

So sorry you’ve had to join this club for a second time. You are not alone in your thoughts. I think we all at times worry about it returning. Sometimes we see it as a wake up call - we are not immortal - so live your best life from now on. I spent so many years working and saving for retirement and limiting myself but my attitude has changed now. I am much more relaxed and happy to spend. I no longer put things off - I want to enjoy what time is left. Unfortunately we have no control over this C thing so why worry about it. It sounds like your surgery went well and you’re on the right path. Stay positive. Xx