Shocked

• 4 replies
  • 483 subscribers
  1. Hi, I have recently been diagnosed with breast cancer Her2 stage 4 which has spread to my bones and liver. I am 38 and struggling to come to terms with the diagnose, I only found out due to bad pain I was experiencing. I have been told it’s incurable, I am due to start chemo on Thursday, I am really scared as I don’t know what to expect.
  • Hi, I’m really sorry to hear your diagnosis. You are at a very stressful point, awaiting your treatment plan, and so what you have written is very understandable. There is a group on here for stage four breast cancer - no doubt a helpful person will come on with the link for you. One of my friends was diagnosed with HER2, oestrogen and progesterone positive breast cancer nearly three years ago. After developing some breathlessness, they very soon found that she was stage 4 (in the lung). Following surgery (on the lung as well as a mastectomy, axillary clearance etc) she remains on her treatment plan. But regular scans have revealed that she is stable. There is currently no evidence of disease or progression on the scans, although she remains on the treatment for stage 4 breast cancer. She is now back to her pre-diagnosis long walks, going on several UK holidays, and generally enjoying life again, although she has regular hospital appointments and checks of course. In time, you will likely come across several examples of people living with a stage 4 diagnosis. One person is Sophie Blake, who many of us follow on X and other social media. A former model and TV sports presenter, she is also stable, but is on a treatment plan. She is very inspiring and upbeat. 
    None of this will take away your fears and shock, of course. But it might help you feel less alone, when you feel ready to check out these things. Xx 

• Thank you so much for your kind words, really means a lot x

• Hi Lekkie

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer.  Here's the link to the Secondary breast cancer forum: Secondary breast cancer forum .

Wishing you the best of luck with your treatment.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks you for the link, I have now joined.