New here.

• 2 replies
  • 484 subscribers

Hiya, I'm new here. Feeling overwhelmed with it all, feeling useless I did a post earlier but don't think I clicked to activate it.

I was diagnosed with HER2+ stage2 last August and had a 1.5inc tumour removed in a wide lateral incision operation. I started chemo in December an have done 5 out of 6. I feel awful, it gets worse each time I have treatment. 

I've got an appointment next week to meet the radiotherapy doctor. I'm scared of everything and worried about getting back to work. I suppose that's normal thoughts & feeling. 

• Hi Rowanelen, being overwhelmed is a normal reaction to what you are going through. I’m sorry that you have needed to join this forumHugging

It sounds like you’re a good way through your Chemo with one session of treatment to go. I have had 2 sessions of 6 and it feels like a long haul at the moment. I thought I was prepared for the side effects of EC this time but the constant nausea is the worst part for me. Nauseated face

Please don’t feel worried about getting back to work. Work will still be there when you are fit to return. Your health and wellbeing need to be paramount until your treatment is completed. 

Good luck with your Radiotherapy Dr meeting next week. 
    Sending big hugs Hugging xx

Alfie 24

• Hi, sorry you find yourself in this club.  I’m glad you have one more chemo session to get through.  Hopefully you have been prescribed medication to ease the side effects.  Radiotherapy may leave you feeling fatigued for a while.  This cancer journey is not a quick fix.  Don’t worry about work but if you’re pushed for cash you are eligible for Personal independence  payment.  My advice is get MacMillan Financial Support to fill in the application form on your behalf.  It’s not about your diagnosis but how it affects your daily living.  They know what to put on the form.  They also can see if you are eligible for any other financial help.  Hope this helps.