Great treatment

• 3 replies
  • 484 subscribers

Hi All 

I am new to the group, I was diagnosed in late November with stage 2 Er Positive 8 and PR Positive 8 (oestrogen sensitive) with a 10mm and 12mm masses plus an 82mm pre invasive cancerous change cells in my right breast.  I had a right mammaplasty plus sentinel lymph node biopsy and a left breast reduction and reconstructive surgery on the 27th December.  My scars have been healing well and and on my follow-up appointment 2 weeks later I was told both cancers had been removed completely with safe margins and the 82mm in-between.  I started endocrine therapy in January to rid the oestrogen in my body, which is for the next 5 years.  I start Radiotherapy on the 4th of March for 3 weeks.  I count myself very lucky I did not need chemotherapy.  I have had amazing care throughout with my breast surgeon and breast care nurses and Oncologist.  I had my Radiotherapy planning appointment last week and the team there couldn't of been more helpful and friendly.  It is a very stressful time for anyone going through treatment and their family so it makes a big difference having a great care team around you.

Sending you all warrior hugs, keep positive and stay strong. X