Hi everyone

• 4 replies
  • 483 subscribers

I was diagnosed with stage 2 invasive dutal carcinoma in situ on the 1st of November 2023, picked up at mammogram on 11th August. I had surgery, wide local excision and sentinel + 2 lymph removed on 28th December. All went quite smoothly, got home that evening and just felt tired. One week in, my upper wound was healing but the skin surrounding became red and swollen and very hot. I knew if I left it I would become unwell, Saturday night at A&E, prescribed oral co-amoxiclav and sent home with worsening statement advice. Had to see breast nurse on Monday morning, approx 80mls clear yellow fluid drains and metronidazole added. 4 weeks antibiotics, the co-amoxiclav changed to ciprofloxaclillan for the second two weeks, had two more draining of fluid and all fabulous now. Lymph nodes and tumour margins clear. 
Waiting for the result of oncotype to see if chemotherapy is required before radiotherapy. Have taken Letrozole since diagnosis and stopped HRT. 
I have 2grown up daughters and 2 lovely dogs that keep me going Grin

• Hi  , and a warm welcome to the forum. Sorry you find yourself here but I’ve found it a great place for support and shared experiences. Sounds like you’ve had a bit of a rollercoaster time of it but glad to read that everything is healing well now.  Hopefully results of oncotype soon so that you know what lies ahead. Like you I have a dog (though only one) and love getting out with her. They’re such lovely companions and ask no questions! Walking has become my sanity saver so my favourite thread here is Walking back to happiness in the General Discussion section. Always love to see a dog photo too! Love and hugs, HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
    Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
  • Hi Janie_bee sounds like you have really been put through it! Hopefully you're nearing the light at the end of the tunnel. And i hope your results are good.

This is a great place to let of steam, ask advice or just read.

I have 1 grown up son and 1 lovely dog. She has seen us through a few family traumas even the ones about her. She too had cancer, which they said was aggressive. But she's still with us 5 years on. I've even started my own business because of her. But being a sole trader isn't a great place to be when undergoing cancer treatment. This is gonna dpund daft, but I'm trying to be more like her (not the bum sniffing etc) enjoying every little moment and not thinking too far ahead.

Big hugs xx

• Thank you for replying, I shall have to look at the walking thread. Yeah, dogs are just the best
  • My westie has westie lung disease, he’s 14 and has a wee cough. He is on steroids and they’ve made him ravenous and drink so much water. I’m just glad to spend all day with them. Apart from having my nails done, they’re the only good thing about having to take ill health retirement in 2022. I’ve had numerous spinal procedures and surgery in 2019.And then a few more injections and denervation. Just have to keep on going as long as we can keep on going xx