In limbo - lymph nodes

• 2 replies
  • 482 subscribers

Hi all, I’ve been reading everyone’s experiences and they are so informative but I haven’t found anything that quite matches my situation at the moment. I’m not even sure yet I’m in the right place!

I went to GP with increased lumpiness in right side and sore armpit last month. Had rib and breast pain throughout last few months but ignored it. They put me on 2ww and I got a cancellation appt yesterday which I snapped up even though I only had 2 hrs notice.

Dr examined me and said he didn’t feel a lump but I do have lumpy breasts (and told at last mammo I have dense tissue). Marked where I said lymph nodes are swollen and sent me for the scans.

So… breast tissue was clear on the mammogram apart from some cysts in right, they said very lumpy and dense and finding anything would be hard just by touch. But the u/s picked up suspicious axillary lymph nodes in the same side and dr said she wasn’t happy with them. As I’d been ill in early Dec with a bad chest infection the plan is to see if they resolve in next 4-6 weeks, said wouldn’t biopsy that day as I was driving but the measurements are on the cusp of what they like and shape wasn’t right. 

I’ll be recalled in 4-6 weeks for another u/s and possible biopsy. They have given me very little info as to what they are looking for, can BC be in just the lymph nodes? I’m trying not to google but more waiting is adding to the stress…

• Hi, sorry you find yourself here and at the limbo stage.  I do t have an answer to your question but the best advice I can give is: do t cross any bridges until you come to them and definitely don’t google.  If you have a breast care nurse give her a call and she will be only too happy to answer any questions you have.  Breast cancer is not the scary thing it used to be.  Treatment has moved on quite a bit.  Hugs G

• Thank you for reading. I almost just needed to write it all down as other than hubby I’ve kept it all to myself and I think that’s why it got anxious.