Letrozole and abemicilib

• 4 replies
  • 482 subscribers

Hi club members, not been on here much recently trying to deal with this whole rubbish situation. I had my mastectomy last March( which I'm still numb from ) then chemotherapy ( taken off due to severe lung problems, but on it long enough to lose my hair!) Then radiotherapy.  I was put on Letrozole in August and things have been fine, few headaches at first.

Now on Abemaciclib, which the dosage has been halved due to awful diahorrea! Recently I've begun getting bad aches and pains in my legs and arms which I told my oncologist about he says it's due to letrozole take paracetamol, which are rubbish, so i take solphadine which help a bit, not ideal to have to take more meds but not a lot of options.

Recently I've been having mood swings, agitation,tears, the slightest thing really irritates me.  I have been through the menopause as I had a hysterectomy at 40 and am now 66. My hair is seriously awful ,it's grown back but SOOOO curly, which it was before chemo...long blonde curls..  BUT now they are short Brown, grey and blonde bits frizzy curls!!  Hate it,I'm still wearing my scarves as I don't want to scare the public!! I am getting a colour next weekss the time is OK for me to do so now  but  it's the tight curls!! I loved my hair and miss it!!

Has anyone else experienced any symptoms like this? I just want to be me again but feel like I'm never going to get there. Sorry for long post...sending love to everyone going through this shitty disease Heart HeartHeartHeart