Dating

• 4 replies
  • 484 subscribers

Hi I have breadt cancer I've had four and a half months of chemo then 2 surgeries which ended in me have a right breast mastectomy. The week before this operation my husband left me .we had been together 22 years .bi also have to have my left breast removed in a couple of months .I don't want to be alone for the rest of my life but who's going to want a woman with no breadts and I haven't got a clue where to start .any advice will be gratefully received

• Hi Hobbit, going through a cancer treatment is a difficult journey, no doubt about that... You should speak with your medical team/oncologist and discuss with them what could be done - you can opt for a breast reconstruction either using your own fat tissue or implants. Even if you decide to go flat, it's not always about how you look, there are still men who appreciate women for their personality and for who and what they are and not for the shape and size of their breasts and bodies! I know that from personal experience. Don't think less of yourself, just the opposite - be proud of yourself, it takes a tough girl to go through this ordeal! Big hug, xx

• Thank you and yes they are doing a double reconstruction in about 18 to 24 months its just really knocked my confidence .I am quite strong  and positive just have no clue where to start or when to tell anyone I think of dating x

• Hobbit

early days yet and your confidence is hit between you husband leaving and having to have your breast off and now to have the other breast off it’s going to hit you.  it’s now nearly a year since I had my mastectomy and I have  just finished my chemotherapy and radiotherapy now on medication. But now I am more confident with my body.  I live on my own my husband passed away 10 years ago , last year l felt my life was over and never thought that I would be able to let anyone look at my body again.  12 months on I am proud of my body and to know what  I have been through and come out the other end .  I look at it like this take me has I am because I am still the person I was before I had my breast off. 
    perhaps counselling would help you it helped me when my husband passed away.  When you find someone else they will love you for who you are .  Your confidence will come back and take everyday has it comes little steps at a time , l walk a lot do pilates and some meditation l have found this helps. 
    Be proud of yourself look what you have done so far xxx

• It is early days and that's very good advice I do talk to friends who have had breast cancer and know exactly what I'm going through .and may look into counselling x