Hello

• 3 replies
  • 484 subscribers
  • Hi, I found out I had stage 1, grade 2 breast cancer early November. I had no lump, my breast and armpit just didn’t feel right. Breast Clinic couldn’t find a lump and put it down to menopause. Mammogram didn’t show anything so I was absolutely shocked, terrified (every emotion) when the ultra sound showed a lump, 14mm. Had the lumpectomy and some lymph nodes removed on 20 December. Now just waiting for results and Oncology appointment. If anyone has similar, just wondered how long it took to be able to move your arm even some way as I seem to be really struggling and in a lot of pain. No red or swelling. Just very tight and have been doing the exercises. Any tips would be very welcome. Also, any tips for radiotherapy.  Thank for reading x
  • Hi, sorry you have been diagnosed with breast cancer.  I had similar to you.  I found recovering from the removal of lymph nodes the worst.  You are probably at the worst stage now and it will get better.  I found putting one of the pillows people use on planes for their neck, under your arm helped.  It’s a strange feeling but it drove me nuts.  

• Thank you, comforting to know that it will get easier and am at worst stage right now. So frustrating! Will try the pillow at night. 

• I used the pillow when sitting to get some ease.  Regarding the radiotherapy the worst part is having to attend on consecutive days except for the weekend.  I rested for an hour when I went home and drank plenty of water.  I did get fatigued about two weeks after the sessions finished.  There’s nothing painful or uncomfortable