2 types of breast cancer. Same side

• 3 replies
  • 482 subscribers

Hi there,
I’ve just turned 50 and been diagnosed with BC from a routine mammogram. I actually have 2 different types of cancer in the same side, both stage 2. I’m awaiting a mastectomy and they are doing further tests on one of my biopsies before they know if I need chemo. 
I’m a nurse and I used to manage the breast surgery ward in my local hospital so it’s all a bit wired and close to home!
 I’m strangely calm about the impending treatment but the thing I am worried about is people treating me differently. 
It’s good to be able to see messages from others who are having similar experiences.

• Hi, sorry to hear you have two types of breast cancer.  I can fully understand the too close to home but.  When diagnosed I was told that I had Tubular cancer in three areas in the right breast.  Following surgery my margins weren’t clear so had a second surgery and was told there was DCIS also.  I had two weeks radiotherapy and no chemo.  I was also told if I needed a second surgery it would be a mastectomy but it wasn’t.  I had 6cms of an area removed and sentinel  node which thankfully was clear.  I was concerned if I didn’t have a mastectomy that there was a greater chance of the cancer returning but apparently not.  Best wishes for your treatment x

• Hi Waits

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with two types of breast cancer in the same breast.  It's perfectly natural that you are worried that people will treat you differently.  It's a worry most of us have.

Wishing you the best of luck with your treatment.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Waits, am new to this forum but have also just been diagnosed with 2 different types of cancer in the same side. I don't know the stage of either of them yet. I was just wondering how you were getting on since you posted this 10 months ago. Did you get chemo?