Hello, I’m new here!

• 2 replies
  • 459 subscribers

Good morning. I have had two tumours removed and have just started on Letrozole, which I will be taking for five years. I start radiotherapy at the end of the month. 

please does anyone have any advice regarding Letrozole. I started taking it three days ago, and have hardly slept the last two nights. I took the tablets at night, maybe I should take them in the morning?  I’m worried they may cause weight gain, which I am desperate to avoid.  Has anyone experienced weight gain?

Thank you!

• Hi grannytinsel

I have been on letrozole for 8 weeks now. I take letrozole with my evening meal. Like you I am not sleeping well due to the nightsweats. I went through the menopause at 38 I am now 59. So not happy with having menopause symptoms again. I am also concerned about weight gain. I only agreed to take for 3 months initially and will discuss with oncologist when I see her next. I weighed myself recently and seem to have lost some weight. Speak to the nurse team or your own gp for some advice. 

• Hi, there are many threads on letrozole, so popping it into the search bar will help direct you to other discussions.  I have been on for almost a year now. The hot flushes are occasional but bearable for me and I also take it at night as I was advised to do that so any side effects happened when is as sleeping. Some ladies do suggest different brands can make a difference. Good luck 

Community Champion badge