A place we didn't want to be

• 6 replies
  • 459 subscribers

7 years after my wife's diagnosis for Breast cancer. Told today my wife's breast cancer has returned. Awaiting to meet the doctors for treatment plan. Tears flowing.

• Hi Bazza7676

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about your wife's breast cancer has returned.  It must have been an awful shock.  There's a secondary breast cancer forum you can also join to get support for you and your wife.  This is the link: Secondary breast cancer forum.  There is a family and friends forum that you could also tap into.  This is the link: Family and friends - Discussion Forum.  Your wife might also find it useful to join one or both of the forums if she wishes.

Wishing you and your wife the best of luck for the future.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• I'm SO sorry to hear that!  You didn't say where at in the body her cancer returned.  Hopefully they can target it, they have been coming up with a lot of new drugs.  I had breast cancer 19 years ago and it has returned, actually a new one in my right breast, HER2 Positive, Estrogen positive, Progesterin negative cancer.  Just began chemo treatments, have five more, then Herceptin infusions every three weeks for the rest of my life.  Unless they come up with newer treatments, that is.  Hopefully, some day the immunotherapies will be discovered and put into progress for breast cancer.  Take care-- Keep Praying

• Sorry to hear your wife's news,  Is it a new primary or recurrence.  Just think she's 7 years down the line from first one so she's not popping off soon as treatment constantly improving,  

• She had a biopsy on the lumps on her neck, results came in, and have been told her breast cancer has come back.

• am so sorry hear that . Not place want be in never mind twice . My thought are with yous . And take care x