Hello

• 4 replies
  • 459 subscribers

hello

In 2003 I had a papilloma removed from my left breast.

In 2003 I had a papilloma removed from my left breast.

In 2014 I was diagnosed with DCIS and had two operations. Followed by radiotherapy. Had five annual checkups and I was given the all clear.

Yesterday in an ultrasound they found recurrent, what I hope is DCIS. Waiting on results.

So that’s me, so far. Radiologist thought it would need removing, so that’s more surgery. I’ve already had radiotherapy so I can’t have anymore.

So just looking for information. I am expecting to be told that I will need a mastectomy, but let’s wait and see

• Hello!  I hope too, that is only the DCIS, not the spreading kind like I have.  I have been diagnosed with Metastatic breast cancer to my lungs, (multiple nodules) and I've just begun chemotherapy.  I've got six more chemo to go, only had one treatment, taxotere and Perfect, but it went well.  The doctor is hoping the chemo will kill all the lung nodules.  HER2 positive, which means I will get infusions every three weeks for the rest of my life (unless they come up with something like capsules, hopefully, some day.). I"m glad you have kept up with your mammograms and ultrasounds, I hope so much that it will be contained, I'm sorry you have to have a mastectomy if you don't want one.  I wish so much I had caught mine three years ago and I would have only undergone a mastectomy probably.  Take care and keep me posted-- Keep Praying

• Hi MissMolly

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear that you are waiting on results to know whether you have DCIS again or whether it's a different breast cancer.  Depending on the size and type of the tumour you may need to have chemo to reduce the tumour's size particularly as you can't have radiotherapy again.  While I won't say chemo is easy it is doable and your medical team will tailor your treatment in order to do what's best for you.

Hopefully though it will only be DCIS again.

Best of luck with your results

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you for replying. Good luck on your journey.