Diagnosed while pregnant

• 7 replies
  • 460 subscribers

Hi all,

It took me a while to get on here but happy I've joined today.

I'm 25 diagnosed with breast cancer while pregnant so I wasn't able to to do a full body scan to know if the cancer had spread. But in the scans which could be done they found I had something which I was told at first may not be cancer in my liver. Because of this I chose to move forward with surgery removing my right breast and 25 lymphs 19 were cancerous. Later did a ultrasound on the liver and then said they believe it is there too. They then recommended I go forward with the treatment which was risky for the baby they explained but had little data. After a week after starting treatment baby's movement reduced and I found out the fluid around him had massively reduced. After a few days in hospital with close monitoring of the baby it was decided to make him out at 29weeks 4 days. 

Currently it's been a week later doing a blood transfusion today as well as a mri scan on my spine next week which is 2 weeks after having baby I'll be starting back my treatment.

Has anyone been through something similar or have any advice? X 

• Hi, I haven't been through similar as I am 48, but wanted to comment to wish you and your little boy well xx

• So sorry to hear that you have to go through all this but a beautiful new baby will help you.  Did they check you for the BRCA gene?  
    praying for you.  
    Barbara

Barbara 

• No I don't believe so but no one in my family have had breast cancer not sure if that's related. 

• Hi Shan365 I am so sorry to meet you here especially at your young age. I can’t really help with the cancer only that it went to my Lymph nodes and I had chemo and radiotherapy. And had few side effects and I’m 62. 

My Daughter will be 29 next month and was born at 29 weeks also . She had quite a battle in the beginning. But soon caught up with her development . And did incredibly well at school. And has grown up to be a fantastic person. 

I hope the helps a little . Sending you lots of love and hugs to

you and your beautiful little boy . 

• Also sorry I  also should have said there is a forum on breast cancer now for younger women.
    Belinda x 

• I understand as if no relatives have had BC or ovarian cancer they wouldn’t check.  You are going to go on a health journey with ups and downs but you are young and strong.  Just ask a lot of questions and get a good team to help you.  Thinking of you.  I live in Florida so although things are done pretty similarly here there are a few differences.  Hi girl!!  Glad your little boy is doing well.  

Barbara