DCIS diagnosis

• 15 replies
  • 455 subscribers

Hi everyone, I’ve just been diagnosed with DCIS in my left breast after having my results this week. I had another biopsy on Thursday with the results on 30th June. I’d just like to say hi. This is all very new and scary for me.

• not very technical I know….

• Hi all, an update for you.  I went to the hospital yesterday for the second set of biopsy results.  They showed the same as the first, so in all I have 5.5cm of high grade DCIS. The consultant is going to do therapeutic mammoplasty on my breast, hopefully to give me a better surgical and cosmetic outcome. I have the option after radiotherapy to have extra fat fillers to fill any gaps and also to have surgery on my right breast for better symmetry. Hi didn't mention if the biopsy results showed whether the cells were hormone receptive, so not sure if I need to have hormone therapy afterwards.My surgery is scheduled for 1/8/22 so at least I have a date to work towards now. 

• Hi all, an update for you.  I went to the hospital yesterday for the second set of biopsy results.  They showed the same as the first, so in all I have 5.5cm of high grade DCIS. The consultant is going to do therapeutic mammoplasty on my breast, hopefully to give me a better surgical and cosmetic outcome. I have the option after radiotherapy to have extra fat fillers to fill any gaps and also to have surgery on my right breast for better symmetry. Hi didn't mention if the biopsy results showed whether the cells were hormone receptive, so not sure if I need to have hormone therapy afterwards.My surgery is scheduled for 1/8/22 so at least I have a date to work towards now. 

• Good for you and sounds like a great approach.  It is good that you are large breasted enough to have oncoplastic techniques done.  Very happy that surgeon is going to do the other side so you will have a matching set.  Amazing what can be done.  I had DCIS in right breast and stage 1 invasive in left.  Double whammy.  Had lumpectomy right breast and Surgeon had to do open biopsy left breast and got the tumor with 3mm clear margins x.  Was a small tumor.  Had radiation Radioactive too and I am 2 months done with everything.  I get a mammogram in August and pray all is clear.  Praying for you.

Barbara

Barbara 

• Hi Barbara, I hope everything goes well for you, I think that’s going to be the worst part for me, waiting to see if everything is ok x