ILBC HER2 positive grade2 stage 2 clear nodes

• 14 replies
  • 453 subscribers

Hello everyone,

Ive been reading all the advice on here and it really is helpful, thank you for all your collective experience.

I found my lump myself. The consultant told me I had 3 lumps, lobular breast cancer can branch out in a line or be like a spiders web, rather than be a more recognisable lump. Fair to say I was devastated. 

Have just finished EC x 4 and I have the joyful docetaxel, Herceptin and perjeta x 3 starting next week. Terrified as the oncologist said many of her ladies are struggling with it Cry The plan is mastectomy as it helps my odds of it not returning. The op will be after the chemo then radiotherapy, then reconstruction which seems quite different to many of you here....

My cold capping has worked wonders so far but worried the docetaxel will make it finally all fall out. My 8yr old daughter  is very scared about me going bald! 
Wondering if anyone else has the lobular cancer too and any advice?

I think you’re all wonderful, sending positive thoughts to you all MuscleMuscleMuscle

• Hello beyoncepower 

I found the radiotherapy easy. I had 15 sessions. The team were lovely and I was actually fascinated by the amazing machinery. I'm one of those people who love to know how these things work! I didn't get the tiredness effects people talk about from it. My boob was a bit sore but nothing that bothered me. I'm here anytime you want to ask questions.

Love julie x 

Charlieandlola
  • Hi Beyoncepower.

I am at the same treatment stage as you for HER2+. Just had the final EC and will start the Docetaxel + T +P in a couple of weeks. Then surgery and chemo to follow. Good to read from the ladies below that what is to come might not be as unpleasant. I was a bit dreading it .So good to have such a supportive network of ladies on hand to generously share their experiences. Good wishes to all. Also the prospect of hair coming back in while having this next bit has fair cheered me up. As they say, ever little helps and I will hope for this too.

• Ah thank you @charlieandlola it’s somehow reassuring to hear what is ahead . Maybe it’s feeling prepared?! There is so much focus on chemo which is fine, but it’s good to hear personal experiences. Really glad you didn’t get the tiredness thing. 

Thank you so much for the reply Blush and hope you’re doing well.

• Hi 

thanks for your reply, it’s good to know that you’re going through this too at the same time. If I can ever help with anything do let me know. This forum is so useful and supportive. I start docetaxFingers crossed etc on Tuesday next week so I’m hoping I can report back as positively as possible Fingers crossedFingers crossedFingers crossed

Hope you’re doing ok Blush