New to here and just saying hello

• 6 replies
  • 488 subscribers

Hi, I’m Sandie. Just signed up and saying ‘hello’. Diagnosed with invasive breast cancer, G2 and awaiting results from 2nd surgery (further lumpectomy & lymph node biopsy) to find out treatment pathway. Nerve racking waiting to hear the next steps. Concerned about stopping HRT (ER/PR positive) and the side effects of Letrozole. Connecting on here so maybe I can hear others’ e experiences of this. Nice to join and not feel so alone x

• I am new to this forum today so saying hello and hope we can share information that will help us cope with our diagnosis. As the news is such a shock you do not know where to turn.

I have already read stories on the forums  that lift you in times of despair. 

Thank you for being there 

• Hi Sandie you are defo not alone. I am a bit concerned about the side effects of Letrozole which I'm told I'll start at the end of the month after my radiation treatment. I had a Lumpectomy and 5 x nodes removed and I am currently suffering from cording which developed after the lymph nodes were removed. I am trying my best to so the exercises recommended. Hopefully, the CT Scan I have scheduled next week won't be too painful because of the cords! The past 3mths have been nerve-racking but it does get easier so hang in there. This is a good place to gain perspective! We will kick cancer's butt!

• Welcome Creamy, and I agree with you this platform has been so helpful and I no longer feel alone & scared.

• Hi Creamy,

I had a lumpectomy nearly three weeks ago and two lymph nodes removed. It is a shock when you are told and it is important you take a bit of time to let it register and sink in.

You have made the first big step by finding the Macmillan site, also do visit your nearest Macmillan centre, a list is on here, they are superbly helpful and give you lots of great info, do walks, talks and lots more. Please also get a good support structure in place, family, friends, good work colleagues, I’ve lived on my own for nigh on forty years, but realised you can’t do this on your own. I also go for a short walk every day (British weather permitting Rolling eyes) and do a daily diary, this is mega helpful, as it gets everything off your chest and out of your system.

I know it’s hard sometimes, but try and keep as positive as possible can, have positive people around you and dump the negativity. You are not alone and can always come and chat to us shower in hereGrin. Take care and big hugs.x

• Hi there, I just wanted to pop in and say welcome to the forum. This site was a huge help to me during my diagnosis and treatment and hope you find it equally useful. Please don't be afraid to ask anything you are curious about, there really are no silly questions and everyone here is so supportive. It's also worth remembering that the lovely folks at Macmillan are always at the end of the phone on 0800 808 0000 for any questions or to offer support.

I'd encourage you (if you haven't already done this) to share a little about your diagnosis in your profile, it can help people understand your situation when responding to you.  If you click on my name for example, you'll see where I am in this whole process.

Sharing my own experience of letrozole, as long as I keep active through walking, I have few side effects. I get a bit stiff and sore in my joints when I do not walk enough, but other than that I have no real impact, 

Best of luck as you move through treatment and results.

Community Champion badge