ILBC HER2 positive grade2 stage 2 clear nodes

• 14 replies
  • 461 subscribers

Hello everyone,

Ive been reading all the advice on here and it really is helpful, thank you for all your collective experience.

I found my lump myself. The consultant told me I had 3 lumps, lobular breast cancer can branch out in a line or be like a spiders web, rather than be a more recognisable lump. Fair to say I was devastated. 

Have just finished EC x 4 and I have the joyful docetaxel, Herceptin and perjeta x 3 starting next week. Terrified as the oncologist said many of her ladies are struggling with it Cry The plan is mastectomy as it helps my odds of it not returning. The op will be after the chemo then radiotherapy, then reconstruction which seems quite different to many of you here....

My cold capping has worked wonders so far but worried the docetaxel will make it finally all fall out. My 8yr old daughter  is very scared about me going bald! 
Wondering if anyone else has the lobular cancer too and any advice?

I think you’re all wonderful, sending positive thoughts to you all MuscleMuscleMuscle

• Hi

good news that the cold cap is working for you. Nothing is guaranteed but I found my hair started to grow back while on Docetaxel. I didn't cold cap, though so I noticed as soon as it started to grow. 

I didn't have lobular cancer but I did have 3 tumours - chemo first, then mastectomy with node clearance then radiotherapy. I didn't have reconstruction, but some people do have it after radiotherapy. Everyone is different and I suspect different teams do things differently.

Hopefully someone with experience of lobular cancer will be along soon - I'll keep my fingers crossed that you keep your hair.

R

• I think that there are a few here diagnosed with lobular cancer,  so maybe they can help,  and lots with HER2+ who have had the  same treatment as you.  I was ER & PR+ so had the other taxane- Paclitaxel- and my hair grew back with the  cold cap but  my eyebrows and eyelashes fell out slowly.  They grew back in a few of weeks though:) I wore a scarf to cover the bald patches from EC, and my daughters called me 'pirate mum'! Good luck! Xxx

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet.  Stephen Hawking,
  • Hello , 

I like the beyoncepower, I had docetaxel and my hair started to grow back on that too. I lost eyebrows and eyelashes but they came back quickly and eyelashes better than before! I also found docetaxel alot easier that fec. The herceptin and perjeta didnt bother me at all. I enjoyed using pretty scarves during my bald stage. Mine fell out after first treatment but I didn't cold cap. 

Take care xxx

Julie

Charlieandlola
  • Hey 

thanks for responding Blush

I’m amazed your hair grew back while on docetaxel it just shows we’re all so different! How did you find the docetaxel?

I’ve heard painting your nails is a good idea?

Thanks

• Thanks 

Ive hardly got any eyebrows anyway so if they go they go, hopefully they’ll grow back as quickly as yours did. 
    Im loving that you became pirate Mium, we all need to find the fun where we can

• Hi @charlieandlola

Im delighted to hear you had an easier time on the docetaxel, I’ve heard so many horror stories that I’m preparing for the worst. I found the EC okay but my veins haven’t recovered yet, and I felt floored by the fourth cycle but otherwise it really wasn’t too bad. 

Where are you now on the journey? 

• - oh yes, keep your finger and toenails painted black. I did lose a thumbnail after the docetaxel. It is a lot easier on your veins though and completely different side effects for me - no nausea.

Hope it's kind to you

R

• Great will do   no idea how losing a thumbnail might feel but I’m guessing it’s not great Grimacing  I’ll keep my fingers crossed re the nausea too, thanks again Blush

• Hello beyoncepower 

I've had chemo surgery and rads and almost finished herceptin injections. Nearly done. ...

Love julie x 

Charlieandlola
  • Hi @Charlieandlola

Oh my, I bet you are feeling happy to be on the other side of this. Though it must also feel slightly weird. I hope you’re doing ok, this is all very hard when you can’t see all your family or hugs from friends.....but we try to stay positive eh?! 

I know I’m thinking ahead but how did you find the radiotherapy? No one seems to talk about it much compared to the chemo. 

Love J x