Me, now?

• 1 reply
  • 313 subscribers

Hi all. New here. I’ve had chemo, single mst. And just ended a 6 month chemo tablet course, which was hard. Struggling now with not thinking the worst and thinking everything is a return.

i feel mentally wiped. Lack of motivation and energy, and can I sleep! Once I manage to fall asleep I can sleep for 10 hours easily, and when I wake it’s so warm and safe, I lie there. Scrolling or reading. Is this ok?

I also find it an effort to do things, eg my husband says we need to fill in insurance forms, or I have a task to do. You’d think I’d been asked to organise a NATO conference. Lost my mojo.

is this normal? Is this me now?

• HI Polly new here myself  so welcome. Is this the new normal for you you ask I don't think I can answer that really but you have been through a  heck of a lot. I've just started on my  "Have I got cancer waiting for tests journey." and when I can sleep I can spend a lot of time asleep (it gives me some respite away from the doom and gloom thoughts) so I can understand the sleeping bit. Lack of motivation and the other stuff you mention well I feel similar at times  Hope all is well atm