Waiting

• 3 replies
  • 315 subscribers

hi im new to the group had biopsy today for calcification and I just can't sleep so scared and uncomfortable. Can anyone tell me timescales and what happens next, online reading is bleak thanks x

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Waiting for results can be a very difficult time so you need to do something to occupy your time. I indulged in my favourite pastimes whilst lots of people find mindfulness really helpful. You might find reading this article on how to ease worry when waiting for medical results helpful.

When I had my biopsy I had my results back a week later but it largely depends on how busy the pathology labs are in your area of the country. You should have been given an indication of how long the results will be when you had your biopsy along with a number to call if you haven't heard anything after that time.

I can't tell you what happens next as it all depends on what they find but, if something needs doing, you'll be given a personalised treatment plan.

Please be reassured that the future certainly isn't "bleak" as there are hundreds of us here who have gone through treatment and are still going strong.

Do come back and tell us your results 

((hugs))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi  and another warm welcome to the forum. Sorry you find yourself here, it’s the club that none of us wanted to join, but a great place for support and shared experiences. It’s a scary and frustrating time, waiting for results. My first suggestion would be to stay away from Dr Google! So much out there that is out of date or just wrong. Stick with reliable sites like this. And try not to speculate too much (easier said than done, I know) as nothing is certain till you get your results. Most biopsies turn out not to be cancer, but, even if it is, breast cancer is very treatable nowadays. I’m still rattling around this site, over 5 years since my diagnosis. And there are lots like me. Can only suggest you try to keep busy while you’re waiting, it really is a tortuous time. And re discomfort, I wore a soft crop top in bed after my biopsies and that helped. Sending love and a big virtual hug, HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
    Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
  • Hi Kat, I was diagnosed last Friday . My results took 10 days , I got an appointment by letter a few days before . Please don’t google , I’ve been there , it’s scary . Wait until you go to hospital x