Docetaxel Side Effects

• 38 replies
  • 309 subscribers

I had my first Docetaxel  chemo last Wednesday 8th June. I've  got Diarrhoa, stomach cramps,joint pain in legs and back not to mention tingling in my fingers and toes. I was wondering  how others have coped with these side effects. Does the tingling go after a few days? I just feel so tired all the time. Because I'm  sleeping more during the day, sleeping at night is nonexistent. I've  got 2 more Docetaxel  chemo left and dreading them. Xx

• Hi , I had my PICC line taken out a year ago. For me, it didn’t hurt at all. The nurse was very gentle and did it at a slow pace, but even then it only took a minute or two. X

• Hi Stubborn, yes had 2nd docetaxel  Wednesday. Back hurting loss of taste and awful smells and really tired. Mouth a bit iffy but taking all mouth washes. Good luck with picc line out. Can cope as only one round left on 20th July. Good luck on your journey and let's keep fighting.

• Looks like we’re on same dates. Had my 2nd Wednesday also. Last one on 20th also.  Good luck. Can’t wait to be done with it all.

xx

• Hel39, same here got scan 6th July ready for surgical team. Just need to know it hasn't  spread xx

• Are they doing you another CT scan then? Mine said I don’t get any further ones now. Which scares me.

I have a dexa one booked for 18/7 but for density check only. Xx

• Hi Cloudier

Just got home

all done though the line came out no fuss the plastic bit was stuck (it had been in since March )so did hurt a little

but all fine

• I'm home all done thankfully 

Will be having 3 years of bone infusions every 6 months though and going onto hormone tablets  in 3 weeks for 5 years

picc line ok but plastic bit got stuck for a while had to soften skin around it

but all ok

Hope your side effects clear soon Only one more for you to go I bet you can't wait I know I couldn't

• Bet your glad picc line is out. As far as I know just one scan but you are on different drugs to me. I'm  67 so through menopause just surgery and radiotherapy  I hope xx

• Yes super pleased it is finally out,can get a shower from tonight without wearing The Sleeve !

I had my surgery first ,in which I was afraid of at first as never been in hospital let alone had surgery but looking back that was the easy part for me 

My plan in the start was surgery (mastectomy) and then Rads but that changed for me after my Onco type test  came back high but no Rads needed now as chest wall and Nodes were all clear

I had just started early stages of the  menopause ( aged 50 ) so I have been warned all the symptoms will still come once on the meds not looking forward to that one!

Take Care xx

• Stubborn, glad it's  gone ok for you. Take care xx