No motivation

• 13 replies
  • 312 subscribers

Hi 

I've had four rounds of EC and three rounds of docetaxel with phesgo and now on phesgo every three weeks. I am booked in for a lumpectomy next week. I have found that I have no interest in anything and have no motivation to do anything ! I just wondered if anyone else feels the same ! It's so annoying because I tell myself I  going to get up and do lots of things then just end up sitting doing nothing. 

• Hi Skw welcome to the forum. It is hard isnt it to keep ourselves motivated when we know we should but for the life of us cant seem to muster the strength needed to actually motivate ourselves so you are not alone. It may be that once the surgery is past that you will feel differently and hopefully you will but if these feelings  persist after that then please do speak to the Breast Care Nurse about this as it can be easy for us to slip into a depression without even realising this. It is hard but pushing sometimes helps and helps just keep us ticking along if you felt up to even doing one thing on that list each day. Its amazing the sense of accomplishment that you may feel if you are able to try that.

gail

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you for your reply ! Your advice is very helpful! I will try to make sure I do even one task each day ! Thank you !xx 

• Hi, I totally identify with this.  I'm finding it really hard to motivate myself at times.  Everything seems so pointless.  I've just had my lumpectomy this week and am trying to book in to catch up with friends this week to boost my MH. Often I find myself just scrolling to kill time and  not getting anything done.... Good luck with your op.

• Hi thank you ! It's good to know it's not just me ! I do find meeting with friends helps ! If I have something planned I will do that but if not I just do nothing ! It's not nice knowing there is so much I could be doing and dont!  You are right when you say everything seems so pointless ! Let's hope we get some motivation back at some point !xx

• Agreed! Good luck for your operation. Hope all goes well. Xx

• Hello, yes I’m feeling very uninterested in doing anything. Even things I used to love . It’s been hard getting back to exercising lately. 
    I am done with radiation with radiation last January. But my breast isn’t healing . 

• It's good to know others feel the same ! Hope you are able to start enjoying things again ! Sorry to hear your not healing from radiation ! Hooe your breast nurses can help you with that ! It seems like a cloud is hanging over us but let's hope it clears soon ! Take care !xx 

• I’ve been in chemo for over a month now and feel exactly the same. I thought I would at least get a lot of reading done during the treatments but all I can do is watch the same TV shows over and over again and have no energy to do anything intelectually stimulating. Kind of feeling like a slacker :( 

• I felt the same ! My friend gave me some books and I thought I would get through reading them but never even read one ! Sometimes couldn't even concentrate on TV! xx

• Glad I’m not alone! Weird thing is, I actually don’t feel bad, apart from some weak days a few days after treatments, but I can’t even bring myself to pick up a book