Kadcyla (TDM1) treatment

• 242 replies
  • 332 subscribers

Hi All,

I’m due to start Kadcyla next month.

I’ve had chemotherapy, lumpectomy and and recently finished  radiotherapy. 

Just wanted to ask how the side effects are if anyone is on Kadcyla?

• Hi Shaz yes my eyes are mildly dry, I went to optician and he examined them. They sometimes get nippy and red about a week after infusion. I also have weird twitching of upper eyelid from time to time.

the drops he gave me are optive fusion. You can also buy them over the pharmacy counter. They work fabulous. Try get some soon, I use them morning and night but can be more often 

• Thank you so much, I have chemo today, my 2nd of 6 paclitaxel, I had a skin toxicity with docetaxol. Also I have herceptin every 3 weeks, I will go to get some after treatment. How is your treatment going. Best wishes xxx

• Hi shaz my treatment is going fine, bloods are always ok day before. I had the cold and sore throat last week but because of the infusion it pulled me down more. Just slight cough now and still working part time. I can’t wait till it’s over. Get my first mammogram post treatment in august and then hopefully get 2 weeks abroad somewhere with hubby . Good luck in your treatment too xx

• So pleased to hear your treatment is going well. I have 4 weeks of paclitaxel left with herceptin every 3 weeks. When do they do your first post mammogram is it when all treatment has finished. A holiday sounds fab, xxx

• Hi shaz52. I was diagnosed last January so I thought I would get first annual mammogram this month but no, BN said it’s a year after surgery so I’m getting mine in August. Dreading it just now as bump my scar area and I flinch !!!

• Hi I had my surgery in August so I will have my mammogram then as well xxx

• Hi All,

Going for my covid swab tomorrow and first Kadcyla cycle on Friday (day after my birthday).  Hope it’s not too bad. Will update afterwards.

• Happy birthday for Thursday and hope it goes well on Friday. Do please send an update, I'm 10 days behind you so my 1st Kadcyla is on the 14th, xx

• Hi i am just finishing paclitaxel with herceptin. Is kadcycla given after surgery or before surgery. I am Triple positive are you xxx