Crafts and BC

• 853 replies
  • 331 subscribers

Just thinking ladies, as we are all going through much the same journey that we should have a thread on here for crafts. I am sure there are lots of you knitting, crocheting, sewing etc to keep the dreaded side effects at bay and help us cope day to day.

I personally knit and have posted on here some of my knitting. Would be nice to see/hear what other people do. We could share pictures, hints and tips as well

So I will start with a couple of things I have done in the last few days.

This is my slouch hat that I finished on Friday night. Will be wearing it for the first time today!!

This was on the needles saturday night ......

And finished saturday night.    A little headband/earwarmer for my granddaughter.

I am now off to have my PICC line inserted ready for 2nd round of chemo tomorrow (!!!!!!):)

Hope to see lots of pics when I come back!!

Have a good day everyone  xx

• Hi. I knit from time to time but I'm more likely to make kids clothes these days rather than big ones. I also make knitted knockers for myself.

At the moment I'm making a latchhook rug but have had to put that aside for a while as it gave me tenosynovitis in my thumb! So I've started a tapestry instead. I'll put up photos when I get round to it. I don't have a smartphone so have to use a real camera with all the hassle that involves. But I promise i will lol.

Lynn xx 

• Another jumper I'm actually wearing this today it's so cold out x

Helen
  • Hi   love the jumper, cables are brilliant, looks nice and cosy. Can’t get into knitting ‘big’things just stick to kids and toys and the odd dishcloth!!

Love Edwina xx

Back here again for hubby diagnosed with oesophagus cancer - Sept. 2021   Face palm tone2

You’re allowed to scream  - You’re allowed to cry  - But do not give up

MAMMOGRAMS save lives, I'm the proof!!! 

7 rounds of chemo, finished 30th May 2018. 15 zaps of radiotherapy, finished 26th July 2018.

I Survived .......... Sadly my hubby did not.Pensive

•  

I resemble that remark!

THE SCREEN was not me.

I am bereft a whole day without my phone. It is in a shop called : xxxxxrehab. Well I burst out into the Amy Winehouse classic 'I don't want to go to rehab. I say no no no'

My humour has often got me into a little bit of mischief

Leolady 

Life is like a boxing match, defeat is declared not when you fall ..... But when you refuse to stand up again ....... So, I get knocked down but I get up again. x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Snowys Mum

Luv the jumper snowys mum.xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

These are my contribution not bad i think as iv taught my self

• Well, I think they are brilliant   Even more so as you taught yourself.

Sorry about getting you muddled with the pics, I really though you had posted something. Can't make the excuse of chemo brain as we all have that!

Im now off to try and attempt some 'Knitted Knockers'

Have a good day everyone and here's a hug....

Love Edwina xx

Back here again for hubby diagnosed with oesophagus cancer - Sept. 2021   Face palm tone2

7 rounds of chemo, finished 30th May 2018. 15 zaps of radiotherapy, finished 26th July 2018.

•  

Hello Ladies....I have been pointed to this lovely thread by a lady from”Walking Back to Happiness”...Leolady56.I came in from a cold day out today and just couldn’t get my nose warm...I have a new challenge ??When I am in my flat my little peripheries get cold,although I am generally warm.I have a hottie for my feet,but in this cold cold weather ,my little nose gets freeeeezing.I can turn my hand to a little light knitting,and wondered whether I can knit a little cap for my nose??I have wondered this before.I guess I could make a sort of balaclava....but might frighten people...do you think I might make a little sort of little mankini for my nose??

so have decided to place my need here in the hope that somebody might have a great idea....thankyou xxx

• well   there’s a challenge find a knitted nose warmer!!! Google ‘pixie dust nosewarmer and you will find a free knitting pattern 

good luck and make sure we see you wearing it in a pic!!!

Love Edwina xx