Crafts and BC

• 853 replies
  • 342 subscribers

Just thinking ladies, as we are all going through much the same journey that we should have a thread on here for crafts. I am sure there are lots of you knitting, crocheting, sewing etc to keep the dreaded side effects at bay and help us cope day to day.

I personally knit and have posted on here some of my knitting. Would be nice to see/hear what other people do. We could share pictures, hints and tips as well

So I will start with a couple of things I have done in the last few days.

This is my slouch hat that I finished on Friday night. Will be wearing it for the first time today!!

This was on the needles saturday night ......

And finished saturday night.    A little headband/earwarmer for my granddaughter.

I am now off to have my PICC line inserted ready for 2nd round of chemo tomorrow (!!!!!!):)

Hope to see lots of pics when I come back!!

Have a good day everyone  xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to grannylara

I've done boobs for a friend who is a midwife - she uses them to teach breast feeding techniques to new mums.. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to grannylara

Thankyou grannylara....

I hope you lot know iv got wool, n material all over my was very tidy house. 

All in a gud cause eh, plus will be nice av a laugh at lummox when he gets out of bath, in a couple oh hours.

He use to be a scruffy git untidy n smelly , i tidy as i go along.

I think me bein diagnosed has give him O.C.D bless. 

Not complainin one bit. Xxxx

• - I love the jumper!!!

- you are amazingly talented!!

- where about in South Africa?

xx

Karen 

• Wow you ladies are amazing - all so talented.

Snowys Mum loving the jumper - my Mom has tried and tried to teach me how to knit..... it's a no go, I always get muddled up, not sure if its because I'm left handed.

I will admit I have a cross stitch (nearly wrote cross word hahaha), I have a cross stitch cat that I have been sowing for at least....

.... :o

...... 20 years!!!  its only small, I 'use' to sow a little when I went to bed early - hmmm both seem such a long time ago now - maybe I'll get back onto it.  I'll find it out and add a picture at some point.

xxxxx

I'm hoping this makes sense - only my mind says one thing and my fingers type whatever they like x
  • Right if you lot think I am posting pics of my crafty attempts then think again

off for a much needed walk to dispel my stress and contacting the Moderator to delete this thread that way I can’t see your talents 

you are all blooming amazing. 

This posted on smashed screen so can’t be held responsible for the posts!!!

LL

xxx a stitch in time saves nine

Life is like a boxing match, defeat is declared not when you fall ..... But when you refuse to stand up again ....... So, I get knocked down but I get up again. x

• WOW ... I am so happy with the response to this thread. See, we are all talented people with or without BC!!!  Please keep posting pics as I think it cheers everyone up and could lead to some people taking up a hobby they thought they couldn't do anymore.

If anyone has hints or tips to share I am sure we could all still learn more (I certainly could).

The pictures of your knitting are amazing!!!

I am definately getting into knitted knockers. If anyone has a pattern they would like to share please post.  I have been lucky and not needed one but there are plenty who do.

Have a good and peaceful night everyone. 2nd round of chemo for me tomorrow, fingers crossed!!

xxxx

Love Edwina xx

Back here again for hubby diagnosed with oesophagus cancer - Sept. 2021   Face palm tone2

You’re allowed to scream  - You’re allowed to cry  - But do not give up

MAMMOGRAMS save lives, I'm the proof!!! 

7 rounds of chemo, finished 30th May 2018. 15 zaps of radiotherapy, finished 26th July 2018.

I Survived .......... Sadly my hubby did not.Pensive

• Ahhhh that post has made me smile :)

Love Edwina xx

Back here again for hubby diagnosed with oesophagus cancer - Sept. 2021   Face palm tone2

You’re allowed to scream  - You’re allowed to cry  - But do not give up

MAMMOGRAMS save lives, I'm the proof!!! 

7 rounds of chemo, finished 30th May 2018. 15 zaps of radiotherapy, finished 26th July 2018.

I Survived .......... Sadly my hubby did not.Pensive

• Hi ladies if you click on the link you can download the patterns.

https://www.knittedknockers.org/make-a-knocker/

Hope you enjoy.

Love and hugs Jenny xx

Stay Safe everyone, Love and hugs Jenny xxx

“ We don’t know how strong we are, until being strong is the only choice we have.” xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to taralou

None of them pics are mine luv,

Been brinking wine .....hichichichic...bbbuuùrrrrrpp

Luv that dog, i would never ever be able to achive that. Brilliant. !!!!!

Hope tomrra goes as well as can be expected taralou.xxx

• Great decision!  Who would do housework when they have knitting, crochet, quilting etc to do?    Not me.

Enjoy

jimmy jam  x