Letrozole Side effects

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 150 replies
  • 320 subscribers

Good Morning Ladies!

A question for anyone taking Letrozole.  How long was it before side effects began to manifest?  I've been on it for a whopping 4 days now and don't notice anything yet.  I will say, that I'm on a weight loss (down 10 labs) and exercise regiment as well.  Anyone care to share their stories?  My thought is better to know all the potentials than to be blind sided.  Mira

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Unknown said:

Hi Skylight,

The plot thickens!! I've just changed from Lloyds to Boots chemist. Boots saved me 1 and  a half packets of Accord. They then told me that Accord is not going to be available in future. So it looks like it's back to the drawing board and trying different brands in the not too distant future,  Hannah

Oh dear. There will be a lot of upset and worried people if that's right  (me included!).  Will ask at my branch over the weekend.  

Has anyone else been told this?

• FormerMember

My opinion is that it's rubbish. Boots may not be able to get it but contact the manufacturer and see where they supply. They will soon tell you. 

Also I am bemused by "I have been changed from Lloyd's to Boots".It should be your choice unless you are tied to a doctor's dispensary (and I believe you can still opt out) 

• FormerMember

Skylight, please let us know what you find out.

My Boots pharmacy said they will do a trawl of their other pharmacies and try to get me a few more packets of Accord. Hannah

• FormerMember

Hello Helen,

I chose to change from Lloyds to Boots.

The Boots pharmacist (a woman) understood when I said that different brands of anastrozole affect me differently.

The Boots man said that the brands are all the same. Hannah

• FormerMember

Is anyone experiencing excessive sleepiness from letrozole?  Oh my gosh.  I slept 8 hours Wedesnday night, at least 8 hours on Thursday during the daytime and 8 hours again last night.  It's totally ridiculous!  I will say that I've got a little cold, so maybe that's the culprit, but hubby is blaming the Letrozole.  I sure don't want to sleep away the next 5 years!

• FormerMember

i can beat that one, even though I don't normally sleep very well but went to bed 9pm Monday 10th July as was feeling tired, woke up at 4.50pm on Tuesday 11 July , had slept through 2 alarms, and numerous missed calls. I only woke up then , I think, because my daughter had come to visit and I heard the back door open.  I keep falling asleep when I come back from work while supposedly opening my post. thinking about going back to doctors and asking if there is something else she maybe able to give me.

• FormerMember

Oh My gosh MommyGardener!  If it's going to make me sleep like that I'm not going to like it at all!!!  How long have you been taking it?  Which brand?  I'm on the Femara, but only been taking it for 18 days.  Had a 2nd surgery 6 days ago and got a little cold 3 days ago.  Not a bad one, but all the body trauma could be accumulating.   Normally I'm up by 5 am and busy as a bee all day.  I can't stand the thought of being so dopey and lethargic all day long.  Do you think the other things could be contributing or perhaps this is something that I just need to come to terms with?  Thanks for the heads up!  Mira

• FormerMember

ive been taking it since March 2017 , i'm at work at moment so cant remember the brand will look when I get home and get back to you. since taking this pill I have felt lethargic and until joining this site didn't realise just how many people are feeling the same. I too are normally busy busy but it has knocked  me side ways. got appointment  next week at Doctors which I have made since joining site today. 

• FormerMember

Do please have your thyroid checked. Excessive sleep is a symptom (although it can be other things). 

Also depression can make you feel very tired. 

• FormerMember

I have had thyroid checked as I do have under active thyroid however it came back normal, think I may go back to doctors and tell them how I am feeling. thank you.