Lung, spread to the brain

• 4 replies
  • 6 subscribers

Hello Everyone,  My husband has lung cancer which was being managed with chemo, then he had a heart attack,  so chemo stopped.  Later on intensive week of radiotherapy and we thought he'll be back to how he was.  But events occurred and we found out it's spread to his brain.  Months to live we've been told, so creaking wheels of red tape to get him home.  Struggling with getting everything.   Meanwhile he is (I am sure) suffering isolation, anger, mood swings, terrible rage at everyone and everything (not like him at all).  I feel I'm taking the brunt, wearing me out but I have support from friends.  Will he be ok coming home? Will I cope (with daily carers) looking after him? He can't walk, he's so frustrated,  and no patience (whereas before he had such a sweet nature).  Anyone offer advice, guidance,  support?   Thanks  xxx 

• Hi  

I'm sorry to read that your husband's lung cancer has spread and that you're having difficulty with arrangements to bring him home.

I can't help with your questions but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Can I recommend that you also join and post in the supporting someone with incurable cancer group as you'll then connect directly with others in a similar situation to yourself.

If this is something that you'd like to do, clicking on the link I've created will take you to the group where you can join and start a new post in the same way as you did here. 

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you Latchbrook, will do. 

• Hi there

i know your post was written a few months ago but I’ve just joined the group and can relate to your post. My husband has brain mets which has made him so weak and totally changed his personality. 
    how are things now? Is he on medication to help? My husband is on steroids and has had wbr.

Please take care x

• Hello Friendlygal,  I am sorry to hear that you sound like you are going through what I went through,  but of course its the 2 of you going through it, as it was the 2 of us.  My darling died on 9th May, I was with him when he took his last breath.  Yes, the cancer spreading affected his personality.   He  turned from the most even tempered guy to the opposite,  and it was hard to experience my baby like that, but I always blamed the cancer.  Sometimes he didn't make sense, and sometimes he would ask a question that was so obscure or weird I was lost for words as to how to answer.  Make sure you have support and let off steam safely, and remember your man how he used to be.  Let love be your guide.  I truly wish you strength and peace xxx