Secondary brain tumor

• 5 replies
  • 6 subscribers

In May 2021, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative Breast Cancer, after being ignored and forgotten along with many during the pandemic.

I've recently discovered that it's evolved into a 3.5cm secondary brain tumor.

Very unsure what to expect other than the option of having targeted radiation or surgery.

Does anyone have any experience or insights to offer without fluffing up or sugar coating a reply?

• Hi

I'm sorry to read about your experience of being diagnosed during the pandemic. It must have been an incredibly stressful time for you.

I don't have the experience you're looking for but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be more easily seen.

I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also join and post this is the secondary breast cancer group as then you'll connect with others whose breast cancer has spread. If you'd like to do that then clicking on the link I've created will take you to the group where you can join and post in the same way as you did here.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Tipreegal

I had a secondary brain tumor 7cm long had an operation to remove it no problem.

A year later I had two more small ones 10mm x 2mm taken out by gamma knife so easy went in  at 8am out by 10 am 

so easy. best of luck with whatever is chosen for you .

Mick.

• Thankyoooooo I'm a little flakey with online stuff, 

Maybe my situation is different. Every appointment has bought unexpected news reactions symptoms etc so I'm pretty familiar with being the odd one out again. Happily I've donated my whacky unusual Cancer for research along with 22 inches of my hair to little princesses charity.

So yes brain tumor grown from discovery on 7th March from 2.3cm to now 3.8.

That's 2mm away from risky surgery, due to unknown delays.

• Sorry to hear that .

When will you have an appointment to discuss what will happen next?

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi. I've not been on here for a while but have just had Cyberknife treatment for secondary brain. I was diagnosed may 2021. Triple negative breast. Got all clear from MRI for breast and lymph but now Brian mets. Don't know if you had radio yet but it was actually ok. Sorry you are here too.