Hi

• 1 reply
  • 5 subscribers

Hi I’m new to here, my mum has just been diagnosed with secondary brain cancer and I am so scared. I’m heartbroken. My mum means the world to me. I just can’t cope

how do you all cope 

• Hi 

I'm sorry to read that your mum has just been diagnosed with secondary brain cancer and it's natural to feel scared and that you can't cope.

I haven't been in your position, as I was the one with cancer, but I noticed that you hadn't had any replies to your post yet. 

I had a peek at your profile before replying to you but as you haven't completed it yet I'm not sure if you're your mum's carer or not. If you are then you might like to join the carers only group which is a safe and supportive place to discuss your worries and emotions with others who will understand exactly what you're going through.

Clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there where you can join and post in the same way as you did when you joined this group.

If you are not your mum's carer then you could post in the family and friends group, which I can see you've already joined, as you'll again find others who are in a similar situation and who can tell you what helps them cope.

When you feel up to it it would be great if you could pop something about mum's diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"