Hello

• 2 replies
  • 6 subscribers

Hi

I was diagnosed with secondary breast cancer in my brain in October 2019. I had had breast cancer in 2009 but after a lumpectomy and radiotherapy, removal of some lymph nodes etc I was told I was lucky and it was all gone.

no such luck as in 2019  I noticed abdominal swelling which was suspected to be a tumour in my ovaries. I had a full hysterectomy and indeed yes I had a tumour that was huge - apparently was 25 cms in length and weighed over 8 pounds. But I was also dizzy at this time and a brain scan revealed I had numerous brain tumours all round my brain. Apparently too numerous to count and too many to remove with surgery.  So I began with radiotherapy in November 2019 and was then put on Palbociclib for a year. After a year , end of 2020, they switched me to Capecetibine as the tumours were still increasing in number and size. I also developed a breast tumour . 

the Capecetibine has been working pretty well and has reduced the number 0f tumours and totally got rid of the breast tumour. So this has been pleasing to say the least. In October 2020 they said I had months not years to live. But I am still feeling well and am feeling optimistic most days. 

so that’s me and my diagnosis. It’s taken a while for me to introduce myself as I think I was pretending that all this was not really happening to me. I hope that makes sense. 

• Hi

I'm glad to hear that you're generally feeling optimistic and your treatment has reduced the number of tumours you have.

As you've said the brain tumours are a spread from the breast cancer you were originally diagnosed with, I wondered if you might also like to join the secondary breast cancer group. If this is something that you'd like to do clicking on the link I've created will take you there where you can join and post in the same way as you did here.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• That’s a good idea. Thank you.