Feeling lost, how to deal with changes

• 1 reply
  • 6 subscribers

Hi, my dad was diagnosed with brain cancer last week and the next day we were told he had cancer everywhere, he was sent home and is now rapidly deteriorating.

My mum is the primary carer and the situation is already taking its toll on her both mentally and physically.

My dad is getting very agitated, hallucinating and being quite bad tempered. We are waiting for palliative care team to get in touch hopefully tomorrow but I just don't know what to expect.

My dad so wanted to stay at home and we so want to honour his wishes but I fear he is going to injure himself as he keeps attempting things that he physically not able to do. 

How can palliative care help us in the home??? 

Any tips or advice very much appreciated. 

• Hi

I'm very sorry to read that your dad has recently been diagnosed with brain cancer which has metastasized. This must be an incredibly difficult time for you all and I'm hoping that since writing the palliative care team have been in touch and explained how they can help.

I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also join the supporting someone with incurable cancer group which is a safe and supportive place to discuss your emotions as well as practical issues about palliative care. If you'd like to join then clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"