Hello

• 4 replies
  • 5 subscribers

Hi my hubby was diagnosed with eosophageal cancer last July and had chemo in September as it had already spread to his lungs, liver and lymph nodes. Chemo shrank it to nearly nothing but by January it had grown aggresively. By June we were told it was now in his brain, 6 lesions. We found out because I asked dr about him not remembering things, not eating or drinking and sleeping all the time during the day, and mixing up his words. After diagnosis he was put on steroids which helped, however as they were weekly reduced the symptoms came back so he is now on a constant dose. He is better but still confuses words so much so he ended up shouting at a shop assistant as she couldn't understand what he wanted and when he shouts he is scary. Just wondering how others cope as it is so hard trying not to bite back at him and also awful watching him go downhill even though he has lasted longer than dr's said he would.

• Hi 

It sounds like you and your husband are going through a very difficult time and I can't imagine how hard it must be for you watching your husband change. It sounds like your husband gets frustrated when people can't understand him and I wonder if his CNS can offer any support for him in ways he can deal with these feelings?

I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also post this in the carers only group, which I can see that you've joined, as I'm sure you'll find others there who have had to deal with similar scenarios.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thanks. Sadly he passed away yesterday very suddenly. 

• I am so sorry to hear that . Please accept my sincere condolences on your loss.

There is a bereaved spouses and partners group which you could join where they give each other an amazing amount of support. If you feel that this might be something that would benefit you, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"