Scan approaching

• 3 replies
  • 5 subscribers

I've not posted on this group before. Last year I had 2 brain ops to remove a tumour and also had cyber knife, all originating from my primary bowel cancer. My 3 month scan is coming up in just over 2 weeks. Always an anxious time, was clear last time so am hoping that all remains quiet. Having had bowel and liver ops my brain is the area that causes me the greatest anxiety. Fingers crossed!

• Hi . I just dropped by and noticed you've not had a reply to your post yet so can I offer you a warm welcome to the Macmillan Online Community. I’m sorry to read of all the procedures you've had to go through since your original bowel cancer diagnosis. 

My cancer is different, but a cancer diagnosis of any kind makes us ask lots of questions, causes confusion, stress and probably emotions we’ve never experienced before. We all agree, the endless waiting for tests, scans and Consultations can be so debilitating so to be able to talk to other people who are in the same situation will help you get through this.

The Macmillan Community is organised into dedicated support hubs. You’ve joined our Brain - Secondary cancer group, this will be a good place to meet up with others making the same type of cancer journey. Hopefully someone will be along soon to answer your post.

The Macmillan Support Services also provide lots of information, support, financial guidance or just someone to listen.

Most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week and it's free to call on 0808 808 00 00 have a look by Clicking here to see what is available and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

Good luck with your forthcoming scan.

Sending you welcoming hugs,  B xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi B,

Thank you for your kind words, much appreciated. I mainly post on the bowel forum but thought I'd just pop something on the secondary brain forum, there's clearly less of us and is the most worrying of all my experiences to date. I remain hopeful and optimistic.

Thanks again

Martin

Hope is my superpower
  • Hi Martin

I had noted you'd posted on the Bowel forum, that's why I didn't suggest you join them.

As for hopeful and optimistic - It's the best way to be.

I wish you all the very best. Bxx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett