Cancer spread to the brain - diagnosed yesterday

• 1 reply
  • 5 subscribers

Hello,

I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer (de novo) in January 2021 and started on zoladex, letrozole and palbociclib in mid Jan. Two rounds of the palbo so far.

I went to A&E on 16th March with no feeling or control of muscles in left hand. The cancer has spread and I have brain lesions. 

It feels like this cancer is so fast growing. Scans in late December showed no cancer in the brain, but now there is.

My oncologist has called to reassure me that there are other treatments and that surgery to remove brain lesions is possible. But it is scary and I really fear that I don't have long to live. So hard to tell my kids (13 and 11). 

I would love to hear from anyone who has gone through spread to the brain and what questions to ask in my appointment on Thursday 18th March.

Thanks in advance.

Jo

• Hi 

I'm sorry to see that no one from this group felt able to help you with a list of questions to ask at your appointment yesterday but how did it go? 

It must have been a very frightening experience to discover that you had no feelings in your hand. I'm hoping that you now know what the treatment plan is going to be or what further tests you need.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"