Auditory Schwarnoma

• 2 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Hiya- After losing my hearing on right side and experiencing balance issues and sickness and headaches I have now had an MRI result saying I have an auditory schwarnoma. I was told by phone from 2 different Doctors (both not realising the other one had called). To say I’m not confident about what is going to happen next is an understatement. I have an appointment with ENT in 2 weeks and am really anxious. Is there anyone else who has had this and what happened with you?

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm not a member of this forum but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

I'm sure some forum members will be along soon to share their experiences with you.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hello lovely. I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I have exactly the same on the left side. I was diagnosed two years ago now and so far not too bad in all honesty. I have lost my hearing completely in my left ear now. I have good days and bad days with balance but its mostly the annoyance of the hearing loss and the fatigue really. I have been told the next option is radiotherapy if and when it gets to that stage but Schwannomas are slow growing. I have been given balance exercises to help.  X