Hi all

• 1 reply
  • 53 subscribers

Hi all 

I’ve just been diagnosed with a grade 4 brain tumour and when I got told it was terminal my world  just implode.

They have removed as much of the tumour as they could, and am now waiting on chemo and radiotherapy on the thing, I feel great and heathy in myself but have this great weight over me and not sure how to lift it as yet,

I’ve also got the difficult chat with my mum to tell her, not sure how to approach that as yet as am still coming to terms with the News myself 

• HI Ricewind

a warm welcome to the group. Sorry to heat about all that you're going through. It's such a huge thing to start to process.

My husband was diagnosed with a stage 4 brain tumour in Sept 2020 and initially didn't want to tell friends and family. At first he swore me to secrecy but then realised after a few days that he needed to tell people. His parents are no longer with us so he was spared that conversation. Telling our kids was the hardest. He also had to tell his brother. That was done via a phone call between them. In his own way, he found the right words at the right time. There really is no easy way to break the news, I'm afraid. Personally I've found being open and honest with my family and friends worked . Yes they were shocked and upset but once it was all out in the open, it was easier to talk about.

It's a complete emotional rollercoaster ride. It takes time to come to terms with things as much as you can and there are no hard and fast rules about how long that takes. 

This group is a safe and supportive space so please reach out here anytime. You're not alone- there are plenty folk here to listen, offer their support and even a virtual hug when its needed.

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

For now I'm sending you a huge virtual hug. I hope you find the right words to tell your mum. I'm sure she'd hate to think you're going through this without her support.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm