Supporting family members

• 1 reply
  • 47 subscribers

Hello,

I have just signed up. 
I am not really sure what to type as I lay awake reading some of these posts. I feel terrible for the posts I see so far and know our stories are individual hell to us all. But yet, I still can’t help feeling guilty for crying or talking about my current experience.

I am so close to my parents and brothers, and my mum - unfortunately has melanoma which, after a long seizure that left her in intensive care and us being told she may not wake, led us to the diagnosis it is now on her brain - in three parts. 
it’s all very sudden and the changes appear to be happening fast in less than 2 months. 
has anyone else had experience with melanoma cancer which has spread and reached the brain? I try not ask too much around my mum as she’s trying so hard to fight and carry on as normal. 

thank you :) 

• HI TimeForTea

a warm welcome to the online community. So sorry to hear about all that you and your family are going through. Life can be so cruel.

I'm supporting my husband  through his stage 4 brain tumour journey so have no personal experience of melanoma reaching the brain. My aunt had melanoma but it was all in her stomach and bowel area and as far as we know didn't reach her brain before she sadly passed away due to a perforated bowel.

This is a really supportive safe space so I am confident that someone with more relevant experience will reply shortly.

Please reach out here anytime. There's always someone around to listen, to hold your hand and to offer a virtual hug when its needed. I;ve also drawn a lot of support from Carers only forum - Macmillan Online Community

It’s always good to talk so please remember you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

Sorry I couldn't offer more words of wisdom. I am sending you a huge virtual hug. Stay strong. Take care.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm