Grade 3 astrocytic tumour

• 1 reply
  • 53 subscribers

I have a grade 3 astrocytic tumour, it was diagnosed recently after having an operation in which they took a slice of my brain to test for cancer. It all started when I had an eye exam in boots and they realised something wasn't right. They referred me to the nearest hospital which was Gloucestershire Hospital. I moved back and forth between Gloucester, Cheltenham and Bristol Southmede Hospital. It was so bizarre! I can't get my head around it. I'm in denial. I would love some advice. I have been diagnosed with it in January and my surgery was in February. It doesn't feel like anything has happened. its like a dream. I'm in denial and I'm and struggling to process it. I would appreciate some support as to what happens next. 

I know I have an appointment in Cheltenham Hospital at 9am on friday morning

hope youre all okay?

RainbowRayShine88

• Hi RainbowRayShine88

a warm welcome to the group. Sorry to hear about all you've been through. Sounds like an emotional whirlwind for you. 

This group is really supportive so I am sure someone with more experience of this type of tumour than me will be along shortly to add their words of wisdom. Friends and family are a great source of support butt hey don't always get it. On here, everyone understands.

My own experience is in supporting my husband with his journey. He was diagnosed with a stage 4 Glioblastoma in Sept 2020.

I found this information link on the site that my help answer some of your questions Astrocytoma - Macmillan Cancer Support

It’s always good to talk so please remember you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

For now I am sending you a huge virtual hug and lots of positive vibes. Stay strong.

love n hugs

Wee me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm