Hi

• 1 reply
  • 53 subscribers

Hi I’m new here my husband was diagnosed back in 2017 and has had intense radiotherapy 2018 was fine until last year when he had some chemo only 2 lots as his blood count dropped dramatically then aFrowning2ain this year he has had one lot of chemo same result, having recently declined dramatically he is now on steroids and after an mri has been told there is nothing more they can do and have referred Frowning2im/us to our GP who will in turn contact the local palliative care groups who will then contact us Frowning2️I am kind of upset and confused as to what happens next any advice will be gratefully accepted,

Andrea

• Hi Andrea

welcome to the online community. So sorry to hear that your husband's health has declined so suddenly. 

Nothing prepares you for news like that. It hits so hard. Have you spoken to your GP yet? My understanding is that support is usually put in place quite quickly in these situations. It's all a bit overwhelming when you find yourself flung into these situations so its natural to fell upset and confused. I remember how I felt when my husband was first diagnosed.

While my own husband is terminally ill with a brain tumour, we're not at that stage yet so I have no personal experience of how long these things take. This group has been a great support to me over the past year so I'm pretty confident there will be more replies to your post from others who are sharing this cruel journey.

Please remember though that Macmillan Support Services also offer lots of information, support, financial guidance or just someone to listen. It’s free to call 0808 808 0000. Most services are available 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look by Clicking here to see what is available. We also have our Ask an Expert section should you have any specific technical/medical questions, but do allow two to three working days for replies from our expert team.

Hope this has been of some help to you. Sorry there's not more I can suggest at this time. Please take care of yourself too and making sure you take some time for yourself. Sending you a huge virtual hug.

Stay strong.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm