Diagnosed with a grade 3/4 brain tumour on my 30th birthday

• 3 replies
  • 53 subscribers

I have just turned 30 and have been diagnosed with grade 3/4 brain cancer. 

I am awaiting my final results to confirm which type I have which will be through next week. I have also just had a crainatomy less than 2 weeks ago so recovering from that. 

The oncologist has said that I will be having radiotherapy  for 6 weeks then chemotherapy and I am petrified of high if I’m honest. 

if anyone has any advise about what to expect please let me know. I have been trying to stay positive but have found it too difficult especially during this period of unknown. 

Thank you, Maria 

• Hi Maria, I was diagnosed with grade 3 brain cancer in August 2019 aged 31. I had an awake craiiotomy, 6 weeks of radiotherapy and a year of chemo. 

It was and still is the hardest journey I've been on, it's affected my life in many ways.

Well done for getting through the crainiotomy,  how are you feeling physically? Have you got support around you? 

Take care, 

Jade 

• Hi Jade, thank you for responding! I’m feeling ok after the surgery - I haven’t rested as much as I probably should have as I’ve been more concerned with what is to come next.my tumour was the size of a tennis ball and they managed to remove 70% but the rest was too close to the important parts of the brain. I

Are you fully recovered now? 

• It's hard to rest when you have so much info and shock to process.

I found it hard to rest because I'm such an active person and at the time, my son was only 9 months old.luckily I had my husband to support me.

Wow a tennis ball!!! It's disappointing that they couldn't remove all the tumour, 

They only managed 60%of mine, due to its location.

I finished treatment December last year, and now have regular mri scans and an awaiting to see my oncologist next week.

Ivevfound the mental and emotional side of it all,  really tough sometimes.

Are you local to Sussex? 

When do you start treatment? 

I wish you lots of luck 

Take care 

Jade x