Hi all

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 52 subscribers
  • Hi all.  I'm new here I've had a diffuse astrOcytoMa since November 2020 I had surgery in February 2021and am currently under going pcv chemo un fortunately I've been delayed by 2wewks now due to low platelets does anyone have advice or is there anything I can personally do to get these pltlets back to a safe level im starting to get anxious  that if im not having the scheduled  chemo then it's giving the tumour a chance to grow
  • Hi Ronsta,

My husband was diagnosed with a stage 4 brain tumour last July. He too had low platelets after his chemotherapy, but apparently there isnt anything you can do to raise them again. They just naturally increase, so we were told. He opted not to have anymore chemo as he had a lot of side effects with the chemo (high blood sugar, cellulitis as well as the low platelets). However, the oncologist said that if he changes his mind at any time he can have another round of chemo. Everyone is different, and I am certainly no expert, but just noticed that no one else had replied to you. Hope this helps a bit. 

You might want to Ask an Expert, if you can't get any reassurance from your oncology team.

Wishing you all the very best for the future,

LLamalover xx