Glioblastoma 4

• 1 reply
  • 53 subscribers

Hi everyone, I’m new to this forum.

Back in August, my Dad got diagnosed with GBM4. We were told he could have surgery and treatment which he has done. We went back today for a check up and we got told his tumour is growing back. We feel devastated. I’m only 22 and I’m caring for him at the moment. I feel so alone and speechless. We haven’t been given a prognosis as my dad doesn’t want to know so I’m not sure what to expect. My heart goes out to anyone who is going through the same. Now we have to wait another 6 weeks for another MRI scan. He finished radiotherapy a couple of weeks ago But my dad is hardly eating or drinking and is sleeping a lot of the time. I just really don’t know what to expect. 

Thank you 

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm really sorry to read that your dad has a glioblastoma and I know what a worrying time having a cancer diagnosis will be for the whole family.

I don't have any experience with this type of cancer but I noticed that you hadn't had any responses yet. I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also join and post in the glioblastoma multiforme brain tumour group as there you'll be able to ask questions and share experiences with others with this type of brain tumour.

I think you might also benefit from joining the family and friends group which is a safe and supportive place to discuss your worries and emotions with others who have a loved one dealing with cancer.

If you'd like to join either or both of these groups just click on the links I've created and then join and post in the same way as you did when joining this group.

When you have a minute, it would be really useful if you could pop something about your dad's journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"