Secondary brain cancer from lung cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 52 subscribers

My 83 year old mum was diagnosed in February with stage 3 b lung cancer. She managed all her chemo and radiation through lockdown was doing well then started to lose her speech was constantly being sick doctor said it was a bug. Then she had difficulty walking. She was rushed to hospital diagnosied with brain cancer she had three tumours. I have moved in with her to look after her, she is on steroids which help a bit. She has roughly 2 months we have not told her how long but now she has even forgotten her diagnosis she keeps saying she had a virus in her legs and she cannot remember going into hospital. I feel totally unprepared getting her up in the middle of the night is near impossible. Also a huge just incase box of medicine had arrived.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi, I cared for my wonderful husband at home when he was diagnosed with secondary brain mets, it was a daunting task but we sat down & put a list of things we needed together, ordered them from Amazon & just did our very best for him. If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask & I’ll try to tell you what we did. Does your Mum have a palliative nurse? My husband didn’t have one until we’d got him out of the hospital. Try Marie Curie to see if they can offer you  one of their night sitters, they were a godsend to us. 

The “incase” meds are frightening aren’t they? Thinking of you at this incredibly difficult time