Secondary cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7 replies
  • 34 subscribers

In the space of 18 months I have had ovarian and brain cancer...I got told by my consultant that my chances of getting it again are extremely high...my partner of 10 years left with my step daughterCrynd moved in with someone else I had to sell my home and move back in with my mum..I’m finding life extremely difficult at the moment CryCry

• Sending u big hugs. It must b so hard going thru 2 lots of cancer, without having all the other stuff going on as well 

U might want to consider joining the  Brain, secondary tumours  group for extra support on that side of things? Or is that a primary?

Also, have u contacted the Helpline on 0808 808 0000?

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
  • , I am really very sorry to hear what an awful time your having at the moment and fi0ralW0man has given you great advice. , would be great for you to get some extra support from those who have secondarys in the brain. Ringing the helpline is great advice too as you can ask about local support groups that maybe some help and extra support and comfort, some even offer befriending buddies too so worth asking, and the helpline is open daily 8:00am to 8:00pm on 0808 808 0000. But really I just wanted to reach out and send you some support and hugs.

Also from your current circumstances maybe some financial support would be helpful especially with the extra costs your having to have going alone. Apart from the helpline you can also ask online financial advice. or financial advice. OK sorry double link but may help you.

Community Champion badge_GBear Xxxx 

What is a Community Champion?    Womb cancer forum  

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.

“let hope be your lighthouse beckoning you though stormy seas" - Jessica de la Davies

• Thanks Gbear for elaborating on what I said 

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
  • Your very welcome fi0ralW0man.

Community Champion badge_GBear Xxxx 

What is a Community Champion?    Womb cancer forum  

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.

“let hope be your lighthouse beckoning you though stormy seas" - Jessica de la Davies

• Btw, I'm a member of the Brain, secondary tumours group so u already know someone there  

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to buttercup01

Hi

yeah the fear is a big part of it an not knowing what your future holds...first time I didn’t even give it much thought about a secondary but now I’ve had cancer twice it’s all I can think about

• Know what u mean. When I was told I'd got a, secondary on my brain I felt like I'd walked into a wall, especially as my work was a cataloguer,  which involves a lot of thinking 

Luckily it was treated with cyberknife, a type of pinpointed radiotheraphy n that was 6+ years ago.

Won't bore u with more info, it's all on my profile.

I'm a huge control freak. So I like to know what's going on but it's just not always pssible is it? But fear if the unknown is definitely a biggie, as my signature says 

Take care zx