FIT

• 17 replies
  • 85 subscribers

Hi just after some advice, iam 37 female been have some lower abdomen pain/discomfort, slightly softer stools since may, lost half stone in an unknown time as I don’t usually weigh myself, was 10,8 now 10,1 but maintaining/ had bloods done all fine and ultrasound to rule out gallstones, had faeces sample for ibd, came back neg, dr wants a fit test done, I’m really worried, didn’t sleep well last night, sending away test today, ive had no visible blood in my faeces,  dr said they are just ruling things out, if no blood I ll have a routine colonoscopy but if blood she’ll put it through as urgent, the instructions on the fit test all says about cancer :( 

• Dear Rosiegp, 

There are so many reasons for weight loss and abdominal symptoms like you. Your doctor is just being thorough and eliminating one of them. It could be a simple polyp easily dealt with. Take it all one step at a time but know you can chat on here at anytime

Try not to worry and keep your self busy until your test results. Take care xXx

• Thank you for replying.
     It’s so hard not to worry. 
    thinking back I’ve always had a slightly nervous tummy.
    But the softish stools haven’t cleared up and maybe one day out of 14 it’ll be normal. 

• Dear Rosiegp, 

you have a very good doctor. Your bloods are good, and she is being thorough. I understand worry. But these tests are great to have as  carog said it could be something so simple. You have found a great forum here. Lots of people who can give great advice. Take good care xxx

• Hi Helen, thank you, it’s hard not to worry and couple with the weight loss too…. Though I am maintaining more or less. The dr said given my age she isn’t too worried and it’s probably ibs. 

• Hi, I had FIT test a couple of weeks ago, like you I had weight loss abdominal pain and bowel changes. My FIT reading came back as 26 which is raised but only slightly. My GP did a 2 week wait referral and today I am in  the process of having colon capsule endoscopy. I think the worst be so far has been the moviprep to empty the bowels. Hoping the camera passes soon so I can eat. Good luck xx

• You have to persist with this until you get answers. Im afraid i have cancer see profile. 5 Year journey. FIT was 0.3 , FOBTx9 normal and scans and virtual COLONOSCOPY twice normal. Ha s doctor considered colonoscopy ? As you.say worry gets you nowhere. I guess I was just unlucky.

• Hello Tony73, 

my story is similar to you. In the midst of my journey and before my operation they checked my bloods did a biopsy, results came back as no cancer. Well a few weeks later I had my operation. Cancer was there. It’s was scans mri etc., that showed it up. Now have a stoma on my 4th round of chemo. Surgeon said to have it as there would be stray cells around. My bio has an outline of my story. 

• It sucks but some people fall outside the radar. I had/ have all the alarm symptoms but evidence was hard to find. Keep wellHeart

•  Thank you. Yes 2 rounds of chemo left and i hope a few years of freedom. And of course I’m a non drinker non smoker lived by the health guidelines.  Just makes we wonder about life and guidelines.

you too take good care. Cake

• How long did your fit test take to come back?